I can listen no longer in silence .
我無法再靜靜聆聽
I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach .
我必須在我能夠表達的狀態下對妳說
You pierce my soul .
妳刺透我的靈魂
I am half agony , half hope .
我一半苦惱、一半希望
Tell me not that I am too late , that such precious feelings are gone for ever .
告訴我不是我太遲,這樣的寶貴的感覺永遠消失。
I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it ,
eight years and a half ago .
當妳幾乎快要破碎時我給了妳我的心,八年半之前。
Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman , that his love has an earlier death .
別說男人比女人還要容易忘記,那他的愛會很早死亡
I have loved none but you .
我誰都不愛除了妳
Unjust I may have been , weak and resentful I have been , but never inconstant .
或許我不公平、軟弱和憤恨,卻從未永恆。
You alone have brought me to Bath .
妳獨自帶我到了Bath
For you alone , I think and plan .
當妳一個人的時候,我思考著也計畫著
Have you not seen this ?
妳從沒有看見我所做的一切嗎?
Can you fail to have understood my wishes ?
妳無法了解我的希望嗎?
I had not waited even these ten days , could I have read your feelings ,
as I think you must have penetrated mine .
我連10天都無法等待,我想知道妳的感覺就像你能夠打動我一樣
I can hardly write .
我可以幾乎不寫
I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me .
我立即的聽著有關擊敗我的事
You sink your voice , but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be
lost on others .
妳降低妳的聲音,但我還是有辦法在這其中辨認出妳的聲音
Too good , too excellent creature !
太好,太完美的女人
You so us justice , indeed .
妳讓我更確切的判斷
You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men .
妳相信真的有永恆不變情感在人之中
Believe it to be most fervent , most undeviating , in F.W.
相信我是最熱情的、最真實的
I must go , uncertain of my fate ; but I shall return hither , or follow your party ,
as soon as possible ,
我必須去,不管我的命運會如何,但是我將回來這裡,或是跟隨妳
A word , a look , will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this
evening or never .
一個字、一個表情,都足以讓我確定今晚是否要去拜訪妳的父母。
我喜歡這一篇,所以打上來跟大家分享
- Apr 09 Thu 2009 18:13
Letter in Persuasion
close
全站熱搜
留言列表